DreamHost one click installer is the easiest way to install WordPress on your server in some simple steps.
- Login to your Dreamhost Control panel
- Expand “Goodies” than click “One click install”
- Hit on WordPress Icon
Now there are two options:
It enables you to install WordPress on a sub-domain that are not in existence. you may install simply filling domain/sub domain. Site name and admin email. Dreamhost will automatically create username “admin” and password and send a confirmation email to the address filled.
I will not recommend you this method for security reason. Most experts advises that one should not create administrator username as “admin”. Most hackers tries to crack this username first. So, Go for Second option.
for this option you have to type domain/sub-domain in which you want to install WordPress.
2. Custom installation:
1nd Step of custom installation:
Well this is recommended way to install WordPress on Dreamhost by using one click installer.
It will provide you to customize folder or directory inside the hosted domain. To use this option the domain/sub-domain should already in existence.
Also you will needed to create 1st administrator user with customized username and password.
- For customized installation you need ready to use domain/sub-domain. i.e. The domain should already exist. (here i supposed that you already have one ready to use)
- Now from installer choose the proper domain/sub-domin in which you want to install WordPress, from the drop down menu.
- Now, If you prefer customize your WordPress directory. type the non-existing directory, as seen in above image “my custom directory”. I will suggest you to choose small name like “blog” or “wp” for this. You can also hide this directory from blog url.
- It is not compulsory to create a database to install WordPress using one click installer. How ever you can use existing MySQL database to install WordPress.
- Now hit “Install it for me now!” button.
- You will get confirmation email (in 10 minutes) and link to finalize installation.
2nd and last Step of custom installation:
Now it’s time to use your confirmation email data and finalize your WordPress installation:
- Now, Give a name to your blog.
- Choose a username for your 1st Administrator.
- Create strong and long password.
- fill your email address
- At last hit “Install WordPress” button.
Your WordPress Weblog is ready to use. Now login to your blog and customize by choosing or installing theme or plugin.