If you have a blog or website you must have to check about how much time your site take to load. Here are some sites and tools you have to know about them.
1. Pingdom.com: Pingdom is one of the most famous web tool for testing your website load time, server downtime and more. You may sign-up for a free account if you have a blog or site, for more you have to pay. this site will ping your server at a definite interval of time and alert you via mail or sms when your site goes down.
2. Firebug: Firebug is the most famous client side speed testing tool. actually it is more than a speed esting tool. According to firebug it has following features.
- Inspect HTML and modify style and layout in real-time
- Accurately analyze network usage and performance
- Extend Firebug and add features to make Firebug even more powerful
- Get the information you need to get it done with Firebug.
Yes is the easiest way to create a better layout, modify html as they mentioned if you already have one and want some modification. Firebug can be easily installed on Mozilla Firefox.
3. UptimeRobot: UptimeRobot is one of the simple website who pings your site every 10 minutes and inform you when your site goes down. You can add up to 50 website at your account. I think it’s quite enough for us. you can subscribe for email, sms, twitter and rss feed for alerts. All comes free.
4. Mon.itor.us: At last I will choose Mon.itor.us. Because it is quite simple to use and this site keep eye on your site from USA and Europe. The basic version is free. Paid version allow to track site internally.