I have sent my first manually written newsletter on October 25. I was really exciting contact my feed subscriber directly. Earlier I was using feedburner which is a free service from google, I will not blame Google for not updating feedburner feature. By the way, Come to the point. Mailchimpis a premium paid email campaign service (mostly). I will suggest to atleast test it, I hope you will fall in love with the chimp! However Mailchimp allows upto 2000 users and 12000 emails for free.
Features of Mailchimp in comparison to feedburner:
- Premium service, but it has enough amount of emails and number of subscribers for free users also.
- Can be use to send manually written newsletters.
- RSS campaigns have option to send newsletters daily, weekly and monthly.
- For paid customers various plan choice is available. e.g. plans based on number of subscribers (with unlimited emails) and number of emails (unlimited subscribers this time)
- Subscribers and campaigns are independent with each other and can be used with any combination.
- You can sort users based on email, groups, rating, name and many more option for one or more campaign.
- Choice of numbers of email themes. (Is is hard to choose a perfect theme because most of the themes are beautiful and elegant.)
- Customize design and layout of your campaigns.
- “Merge Tags” are good enough to run any type of campaign.
- Clever Stats and activity reports.
- More socialize and tracking options.
- … actually I can’t list all feature (in this post) and these are only highlights.
- Feedburner is a free service from Google.
- It is mostly used for RSS syndication.
- Unlimited subscribers and Unlimited daily newsletters can be sent.
- Daily newsletter is only a feature.
- Customizing newsletters have very less options.
- Socializing is outdated.
- Tracking is good but it goes weird sometimes.
- … It’s a fully free service and sending newsletter is only a feature. It should be used for RSS syndication.
- Adsense for monetizing. Adsense is the king of online advertising and so it could be major factor for choosing it.
Google is the search engine and online contextual advertising giant and we can’t compare it with any of existing services. Google is rolling out some high end services and redesigning other stuffs. Feedburner is also leader in feed syndication and offers verity of options whereas Mailchimp performs well for email marketing. It provide only such survive.
If you are running a small blog or have user base less then 1000. It could be best to try or even switch. other wise run weekly campaigns. I am 99.9% sure that it will perform better then feedburner newsletters. and your user base and click-through rates will be much higher to choose a paid option.
Don’t forget to test it, Like I am using it. Well their is also a safe option to migrate from Feedburner to Mailchimp with “Zero” risk. I will share it later.
Your comment or suggestion is essential. Please leave one for me.. 😉