It may be surprising but Penta T-Pad IS701R is crap. Yes, you heard right. Initially most of us (Including me) believes Pantel’s Penta T-Pad IS701R is true Akash2 or Ublislate+ rival. But this is totally wrong and you even can’t imagine that the product do not meets the configuration (like RAM, Storage and Screen resolution) as shown on the official website or publicised anywhere else. Most people are talking about unboxing and I was also exited about the launch of Penta T-Pad IS701R and uploaded a video on Youtube about Penta T Pad unboxing.
But, You will really shocked if you will read further about the facts like ram, storage and screen resolution. Which are still not published anywhere else in my knowledge. Before coming to the point lets discuss first, why Pantel’s lowest model tab a.k.a. Penta T-Pad IS701R sucks.
Now the biggest disclosure: About the product and configuration why BSNL launched Penta IS701R is crap?
- RAM: Pantel claims that the gadget has 256 MB DDR2 ram. But the gadget has only 184 MB ram. Please see the image below. (On my gadget it shows only 34MB available memory even no application is running)
- Internal Storage: Penta T-Pad IS701R has maximum 1428MB internal storage (984 Internal Memory + 444 MB SD card memory). Is this equal to 2GB?
- Screen resolution: even on the official site you will find that the gadget have 800x600px resolution, which is again wrong. The resolution of the screen of the BSNL launched penta T-Pad IS701R is 800x480px.
- It seems that the processor speed is also slow and It could be just 933MHz instead of 1 GHz. Is this we are expecting from Pantel.
The above information has been confirmed by the either gadget stats or Android App named Android System Info which is free and can be downloaded from Android Market. I don’t know how BSNL has approved the device for sale without checking the configuration of Penta T-Pad IS701R.
I would definitely not bought the gadget if I knew that the gadget have only 184MB RAM, 800×480 resolution and ~1.5GB storage. Will you buy?
If you are still not impressed then what about the weight, Incompatibility with many apps, short recharge cable, Over heating, low battery backup, no Bluetooth, low sound and bad quality, need micro usb to standard usb connector cable to connect with Modem.
About the pre-order and processing:
The pre-order of the gadget has broken the records made by Aakash or Ubislate. And it starts delivering in short period. But I have a few question about the process!
- The price is higher than we expect. We have to pay transportation charge which will vary by Rs. 175 to Rs. 250. There is Rs. 25 charged by Punjab National Bank. And what is the cost of time we spent in the queue?
- They said it will take Up to 96 hrs for delivery. But people are waiting for more than 7 days and the penta t pad is still not delivered.
- They do not respond via mail and it is really hard to reach them via phone. Since most of time the lines were busy and don’t get shocked when you find that the phones are switched off. The phone support can’t confirm the docket number to track the shipment, most of time.
- The BSNL offer: It has no special thing, As BSNL internet plans offers 3GB data usage for one month in Rs. 98 and in this way you will get 9GB data usage for three months by paying Rs. 294 and if you buy Penta T-Pad IS701R with the offer you will have to pay Rs. 250 + Rs. 30 extra. So, I don’t think Rs.14 matters for anybody. And not all usb modem supported. Also user will have to buy a converter cable for micro usb to standard usb.
I hope you would never buy the gadget or if you have not paid for the gadget and asked to do then think twice before making any decision. I will not suggest you to buy this crap. OR if possible then take a look into the gadget if possible or if your friend have.
I have paid the money on 26th March 2012 and got the gadget on 06th April 2012. Do you want to wait for such long time for such gadget. Wait for Aakash2 or Ubislate+. Possibly those gadgets will be better option.
Here are some of the photos of the Penta T-Pad IS701R. for proof. If you or your friend have same model then must install an application like “Android System Info” and check it with your own.
Here are some screenshots of the device. I have installed Android System Info.
Find them on twitter and Facebook and see what people are commenting? and my unboxing video, which is now worthless. But you may watch that one.
Now, Its time to publicize this post and make your friends aware about the facts. I hope you will share this article with your friends on twitter, Facebook or Google+.