IRCTC Login is getting worst day by day and we are unable to book tickets (especially Tatkal Tickets). I am sharing this page so you can easily book your tickets and know the rules regarding IRCTC and booking a ticket online.
- Timing for ticket booking
- IRCTC login issues and problems
- Solutions for IRCTC login failures.
- Documents required during inside the train
- Booking Tatkal tickets quickly
- Rules: Must know
- Reservation and Cancellation Charges
In the news:
IRCTC has banned more than 44,000 accounts. All are said to be fake account. Check your account by logging into IRCTC.
The site is getting 8 lac concurrent connection during tatkal ticket booking time. This is mostly because of festive season. The official said they will increase the server and resources to handle more than 30 lac users in 1 minute. [source: TOI]
To book your IRCTC tickets visit here. If you are logging to IRCTC for non-tatkal tickets, I will suggest you to avoid login to IRCTC during 10 AM to 11 AM (IST). Because at this time the server goes down for booking tatkal tickets.
If you want to book tatkal tickets then follow these instructions to book tatkal tickets quickly.
If you want to check ticket availability then visit Indian Railways or erail.in. These sites are perfect to track real time seat availability and last one shows better results but need a chrome, Firefox extensions.
Login issues and problems:
The time I specified in above section is crucial time for tatkal ticket booking. During this period the server is most likely to be busy due to very high traffic.
Possible solution for IRCTC login failures:
If you are not getting the login page or homepage then wait for some time and then try again. If you are trying to book tatkal tickets then this time may be crucial for you and should not wait and try another less crowded alternatives like IRCTC mobile site
You may also book tickets from paymate app or visiting local ticket booking counters.
Timing of ticket booking:
IRCTC can be used to book online tickets from 5 AM to 12 PM Indian Standard time. You may book Tatkal tickets from 10 AM (3 days before the scheduled departure). The servers of IRCTC are live 24×7. In the rest of time you may login and enquire about trains, ticket status and print it.
Rules you should must know
- Reservation can be made 90 days in advance.
- Tatkal Tickets can be booked 24 hrs in advance.
- Only 4 tickets can be booked under tatkal quota or 6 general tickets under same PNR.
- Web browsers supported by IRCTC:
- Internet Explorer v6.0 and above
- Mozilla Firefox v3.5.5.
- Google Chrome v3.0
- Opera 10.10
- Safari 3.0.2
- Netscape Navigator v22.214.171.124
However, Payment Gateway may not support all browsers.
- At least one Traveller should must carry SAME identity card while travelling. AND all travellers should carry any one of the following identity card.
- Identity card may be one of the following:
- Driving License,
- Pan Card,
- Voter Identity Card,
- Central/State Government issued ID Card,
- Student Identity Card,
- Nationalised Bank Passbook (with photo),
- Credit Cards issued by Banks (with photo),
- Unique Identification Card “Aadhaar”
- Partial cancellation will not be possible if there is no one left with identity card information on the ticket.
- Passengers may carry SMS tickets, Printed tickets are not essential.
- Login to IRCTC is not permitted to travel agents during 10 AM to 12 PM.
- Senior Citizen concession is not allowed in Tatkal Tickets.
- Changing passengers’ details is not permitted after booking.
- Partial/Full cancellation of a ticket is possible from IRCTC website. The balance (after cancellation charge) will be reverted to same account.
A few words from me:
Like me you may also failed to book tickets due to slow IRCTC site and server overload. I am creating this guide to help you for quick IRCTC login and ticket purchasing. In this regard, I will be happy to listen your opinion, You may share your views and opinion with me on various methods: Twitter, Facebook and Google+.
And don’t forget to check “Quick tatkal ticket booking guide“.