BSNL has joined the private operators’ call-rate hike club. From Today (1 November 2011) the your pocket will be cut more. BSNL has also changed the name of a prepaid plans. These change is effective for both 2G and 3G users.
The interesting part is this that the sibling of BSNL, MTNL has reduced many charges in 3G, Broadband and BSNL is doing just opposite to that.
The changes are as follows:
- “all@49” plan is now “Per minute plan”
- Local off-net call rate for the “Per minute plan” is now 59 paisa/minute
- “Friends and family” charges for the two local BSNL number will be 30 Paisa/minute
- Per second plan has been increased from 1p/sec to 1.2 paisa/second Off-net
- All STD and Roaming call will be charged at 1.2 paisa/minute
Where as the other charges will be remain same. Earlier BSNL has made change in its 3G and SMS charges.
The unmodified tariff:
- On-net Local call rate will be remain 1paisa/sec and 49paisa/minute for “pay per second” and “pay per minute” plans respectively.
For latest 2G and 3G data plans Visit here.
A good news for you: TRAI has increased the number of p2p SMS from 100 per day to 200 per day. Now, subscriber will get up to 200 national and local sms at reduced charges if he/she uses any special tariff.